I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Happy International Women's Day!!!!!!

Happy 8th of March everyone (only if you're a woman, though!) I wish you happiness, health, success, inner-peace, strength, and joy!

Happy Maslenitsa to everyone (and literally everyone here)! Maslenitsa is the Russian equivalent of Mardi Gras before Lent and we eat blini all week long until we can no longer walk. Blini are like crepes but better, and they are eaten with sour cream, jam, consensed milk, etc. YUM! we had some last night at Alina's grandmother's where we celebrated Maslenitsa, part I.

Today is Maslenitsa, part II and International Women's Day, and we are having a devichnik, or a girls' only party with Marina's co-workers.

And man did it snow, today would be a day for the snowshoes! Maybe this weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment