I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

always be prepared

So today, as I was dragging my sorry ass around town, to and from travel agents and archives, I was thinking about all the crap I carry around with me for a day of work:

1. Laptop in protective laptop sleeve
2. Laptop cord and plug adapter
3. Notebook and requisite pen
4. MP3 Player
5. Reading glasses
6. Wallet
7. eye drops
8. Kleenexes (for nose or emergency TP)
9. Fleece in case its too cold in the archive
10. Umbrella
11. Water
12. Lunch of some sort
13. Dinner of some sort
14. Emergency chocolate
15. Parka, in case it rains
16. Am wearing camisole under shirt in case its too hot in the archives
17. Cell phone
18. Lotion b/c my hands get dry flipping the pages
19. Plastic bag to put over laptop cover in case it rains

This stuff weighs a lot. No wonder my back hurts!

The good news is - I have a ticket home. August 16. Same darn flights I've been on all year. 7:45pm August 16th I will land state-side - For good!

Comments: Post a Comment