I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Sunday, June 12, 2005

We're not in Finland anymore, Toto

We're in Estonia. And for about 2 hours before we found the B and B, and discovered that yes we did have a room and everything was okay, it was a little tense and stressful.

I think the Tallinn suburbs resembled Russia a little too much for John's tastes.

But the place we have is great, the food is yummy and waaaaaaaaay cheaper than Finland. Dear god, that country was expensive.

We'll be here for another 2 days and then back to Moscow on the train (see previous bus post). The old town of Tallinn is super quaint and well-preserved. You can only tell that it was once a Soviet republic when you step outside of the center. Also, most people speak Russian here, so finding our way around hasn't been too much of a problem, because Estonian is well, a whacked out language.

More later, just wanted to keep you all posted.

Comments: Post a Comment