I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Update

Okay, I'm going to type a post on Sarah's trip to visit, as soon as I have the time, because I want to be thorough. But in the meantime, she is already home again and I am back at work.

To keep you amused until I can update you, on May 11 the government took away our hot water for 3 weeks, which they do to almost everyone on a rotating basis. For Sarah's last few days we had to boil water on the stove to take lukewarm sponge baths and wash our hair in water so cold it made the baby jesus cry. I think I'm going to join a gym for the next month so I can shower there!

Comments: Post a Comment