I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

pagan rites of spring

Now I understand why people worshipped pagan sun gods and the like. Today, for the first time since I arrived in St. Petersburg 2 months ago, the temperature went above the freezing point (and it did it with a bang, hitting a whopping 43 degrees! Go spring!)

I'm going running tomorrow morning (it's also light at 6am now)

In the meantime, I'm going to have to pay the Academy of Sciences 28 EUROS for scanned copies of 2 sketches I need for the diss. 3 Euros each covers the actual cost of the scan, while 11 Euros each is what I am paying for my right to receive these copies.

If that's not a racket, I don't know what is.

Went to the Hermitage yesterday with Marina to see an exhibit of Italian Futurists and wandered around other exhibits too. Will definitely have to pay for the photography permit next time.

Comments: Post a Comment