I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

back to the motherland

Well folks, its been an action-packed 10 days back at home and later today I head back to Moscow, with Sarah in tow.

I spent a week down in Danville with much of family, including my dad, and helped paint the outside of my aunt's house in preparation for my cousin's wedding in June. That was fun, although my hands started cramping after holding the paint brush too long! I also spent my birthday down there, in the company of family, and my dad made an awesome steak dinner to honor the occasion. Yummy.

The few days in Charlottesville were spent catching up with friends, running errands and meeting with my advisor. The only question I didn't want him to ask, which is of course one of the first ones he threw at me, was "so, do you have a thesis?" Um...No.

Then I trained up to DC and had dinner with college girlfriends and before I knew it, the trip was over.

That's okay because much of the time I felt guilty because I wasn't doing research.

But I do have to say that I am thankful I got to catch the Virginia spring still in its glory. Dogwoods and Azaleas, it turns out, are good for the soul!

Comments: Post a Comment