I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

my brother's cousin's father's former roommate.....

The academic world is really small I am coming to realize.

Random British guy from Manchester knows German woman I met at a conference in Wales in 2003.

I live in the former apartment of the ex-girlfriend of a Berkeley grad who also happens to be friends with a Cville-friend and her bf from Harvard. We still get the girl's mail!

Met Russian graduate student who studies in Germany. She knows my advisor at UVa because they met in Ekaterinburg. She is dating a German grad student who will be living with a Finnish grad student who was interested in our apartment.

Now know German graduate student who did her undergrad in Tubingen Germany, where dear Laura lived for two years. I think they lived in the same dormitory building.

Its a small world.

Bonus points if you can name the movie which inspired the subject line.

Comments: Post a Comment