I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Thursday, October 28, 2004

tired and stressed

hey guys. The internet at home is kaput again until November, so contact is sporatic. I apologize. The canadian roomate to be bailed on us, so we're engaged in a frantic search for a new roommate for Nov-Jan. which is turning into a pain in the ass, and I'm really afraid of getting stuck with a FREAK! I wish I could afford to have the apartment to myself, but that's not an option in the slightest.

It was a gorgeous day yesterday, which helped my mood. In walking between various archives and home I think I logged about 4 miles, in the sun. It was lovely. Until I clocked in the shoulder by an old man with a complex who just decided to assault me on the street, even though I was no where near him. Asshole.

THe good news is I have a plane ticket to come home in December. I get into the DC on December 17th, so all you people who live up there can start the bidding war for who wants to pick me up at Dulles and put me up for a day or 2 before I find my way down to Danville via Charlottesville. Of course with the exchange rate what it is, and the fact that my money goes through several currency changes before it gets to my credit card, I'll probably end up paying $100 more than the original price, which wasn't cheap to start with.

I gotta go. Off to the library.

poka

Comments: Post a Comment