I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

the world has, at last, found balance

because it is currently 0 degrees Fahrenheit in Moscow and the wind chill is -18 Fahrenheit. The numbers in Celcius are even more chilling. (-18/-29 windchill). Also we're looking at almost a food of snow today and tomorrow. I see snowshoes in my future!

I'm really really really wishing Alana hadn't opened the balcony during the warm spell.

In other news, I went to visit my friend Katya and her new son, Vanya yesterday. Both are doing well. Laura called me this morning, and I'm off to finish some last minute things at Moscow archives before getting ready to move to Petersburg.
That's all from here. My going away party is on Friday, so I will probably be hung over on Saturday.

Comments: Post a Comment