I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Thursday, January 13, 2005

busy busy busy

I wish I could say that I was busy improving (as in increasing) my nerd score, but I'm not. I'm back in the archives, plugging away. I'm in quite a mood today, a good mood, despite my exhaustion. I'm tired because I was up late reading last night, and finally finished a book which had sucked up my time and attention all week. But now its done and I can move on with my life.

The little things that made me happy today:
- I logged a solid 7 hours of work in 2 archives and the library, and while travelling between them managed to also walk 5+ miles. Its just nice to be back at work
- I had tortellini for dinner with my favorite pasta sauce, Pasta Barilla - Olives (we won't talk about how much I paid for it). I mean, pasta with stuff in it is one of man's great discoveries!
- One of my dearest and oldest friends just got engaged - go Heather!
- I got Nicole and Adam's Christmas letter in the mail today
- John called yesterday morning
- The Colts are in the playoffs
- Everytime I turn on the sports channel there is a live broadcast of a biathalon race on - have you ever seen these guys butts? And the women are awesome too.
- Schnappi das kleine krokodil
- When I met a graduate student from UChicago today, and we were talking about career choices I said, "I don't want to be a big shot professor, in fact I don't want to go into academia, that's not what I want out of my life."
- I bought little hair clips to reign in my unruly hair

Only bad thing - I can't find my C.V. on my hard drive, must be on my UVa network drive. Oops. Gotta update my VPN client! Oh, and I miss my parents. Call me....not during a football game!

Its currently raining here in Moscow. No snow to be found.

I encourage everyone to keep playing the nerd game featured in my earlier post.

Comments: Post a Comment