I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The gods must be smiling on me

Because on the trip back home I was mercifully bumped up to business class from DC to Frankfurt! A lifetime dream has been fulfilled!

My parents drove me up to DC and bade farewell to me at Dulles. While they were holding my carry-ons I went to check in. I pitifully asked for an aisle or bulkhead because I wasn't able to pick the seats when I bought the ticket. I got the "its a really full flight ma'am, you can try asking at the gate." But I think the guy must have liked me because he said, "I can move you to business class, would that be acceptable?" Hells yeah, its acceptable.

Too bad most of the flight over the north Atlantic was so bumpy that it felt like we were going to fall in the ocean. Ugh.

So I am home safe and sound and jet lagged. Went to the archives for a few hours today, but couldn't concentrate much.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to see me - it was wonderful to see everyone!

Comments: Post a Comment