I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Refree

Refree is the name of the Spanish folk-jazz band I saw last night with my roomate Alana. Yes! i actually went out on the town, instead of being my usual bump on the log self! This is only because Alana was on the list and we got in free - I would not have paid 400 rubles to go to a concert, even though it turns out they were great and I really liked them alot. I even bought their CD (after verifying that it wasn't made in Russia)

It was so fun and funny to watch all of the young, upper-middle class Russians. I mean, this was a face- control elite show, so it was more a mix of normalish Russians in their late teens and 20s.

And today, I did some Christmas shopping....no, not for you guys. For my family! While I would love to bring everybody back something, its not gonna happen this trip - no room in the bag. The rest of you will have Christmas in July! :-) I'm swapping out TONS of clothes. Its nice to have the opportunity, knowing now what isn't working for me over here, to rummage through all of my boxed up belongings in my aunt and uncles attic and see what I can scrounge up for a change of pace!

Sorry if this is boring, I'm pooped, and still have to go out to a farewell party this evening. A farewell party for my German friend, Maika, who I only recently learned is a great cook.... I am very sad.

sleepy...

Comments: Post a Comment