I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Sunday, December 05, 2004

St. Petersburg

Oh, and I'm off to St. Petes for 3 days - not for fun - a work trip. Hopefully I will find a place to live for Feb. and March, and make some arrangements with the archives. There is also an American professor up there right now and he thinks my project is cool, so I'm having a meeting with him as well. Here's to hoping I don't make a fool of myself. (I read his book, but like 2 years ago).

In other news, the official length of daylight in St. Petersburg right now is 6 hours and 16 minutes. The sun rises after 9am!

BUT! It is going to be in the upper 30s and low 40s this week! I am sooooooo excited for temps above freezing I can't even tell you.

Comments: Post a Comment