I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Biathalon is awesome!

This is my new addiction, watching women's biathalon on channel "Sport". Its very exciting! And the Russian commentator is very excited too. This is a real sport over in Europe, and apparently the women are much better than the men, considering this gets live coverage every weekend. I think I want to be a biathalete (sp?) when I grow up - these women rock my world! Some French woman just won the 10km, but a Russian finished 2nd, and 2 other Russian women finished in the top 10.

This morning I sent my roomate and her Russian friend off to Borodino. I was supposed to go too, but really really just wanted to sleep for 12 hours, which I did. I'm a little worried though, as they seemed unconcerned that they were going out to the middle of NOwhere, to wander around in fields and that it would be cold. I fully expect them to be miserably cold when they get back, as the Russian friend didn't even have warm socks. I warned them. City girls! Borodino is a cool place, as Alina would testify if she weren't working 20 hours a day. Its like the Russian - Gettysburg. I'll go again when I'm more rested.


Comments: Post a Comment