I'll be spending almost a year in Moscow and St. Petersburg working on my dissertation research, and when I'm not sitting in the archives, I'll keep everyone posted on what I'm up to!

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Ommmm

Last night I decided to put my yoga mat (which I dragged half way around the world) to good use and go to a Yoga class. It was great. I haven't practiced in a while, so I'm really sore today, but it felt great, especially the poses which are contrary to the main post of my life: hunching over documents.

The yoga center appears to be immensely popular and judging by the number of personal yoga mats being stored there, yoga is not an unknown hobby here. Now mind you, I definitely do not know most of the important words related to yoga, but having practiced it before, I was able to figure out what I was doing by looking around me.

One drawback to yoga in Moscow: yoga outfits. I was right next to a woman who was a fan of the leotard over the tights style of workout apparel a la 1983, but the leotard was also a thong leotard. More than one I found my face waaaaaay too close to her ass, and felt the need to move to the left or to the right.

I think that this will be a much more affordable means of getting a workout than joining a gym.
Namaste!

Comments: Post a Comment